Partners

Member

onalogo.png
Man arrested for drive-by shooting in SE Rochester

Man arrested for drive-by shooting in SE Rochester

(THE MED CITY BEAT) - A man has been arrested for his role in a drive-by shooting earlier in the week, Rochester police said Friday.

Photo: Miguel Garza

KTTC-TV reports  30-year-old Miguel Garza was arrested Thursday after the victim told police Garza fired two shots at him Monday night. 

"There were two children in the car when we arrested him," said Lt. Casey Moilanen of the Rochester Police Department, according to the KTTC-TV report. "It turns out he was actually on his way to take them to school. They were not injured; they were taken to school after he was arrested by officers."

The 26-year-old victim initially did not tell police about the incident because he had a warrant out for his arrest. Police later tracked him down and arrested him; that's reportedly when the victim told police about the shooting.

KAAL-TV reports Garza is now in custody and facing possible charges that include second-degree assault and a felony possession of a handgun used in a violent crime. 


 
Michael's restaurant, a fixture in downtown Rochester, to be demolished

Michael's restaurant, a fixture in downtown Rochester, to be demolished

Traffic notes: highway construction projects wrapping up for winter

Traffic notes: highway construction projects wrapping up for winter