Kutzky Market/Forager Brewery rolling out new bike-friendly business plan
Kutzky Market and Forager Brewery are committed to building community. We encourage our employees and customers to participate in community events, host community engagement events, and we offer discounted room use for community groups.
Next up is a long-planned initiative to encourage our employees and customers to bike or walk to Kutzky Market/Forager. Walking and biking are healthy ways to move around the community. Kutzky Market/Forager believes that supporting walking and biking has the following community benefits:
- Healthier community members
- Healthier workers
- Reduced reliance on cars
- Reduced need for car parking, which is limited
- Walking and biking creates community
- Walking and biking reduces Forager’s geographic and carbon footprint
Starting in April of 2016, the following new initiatives will be rolled out related to walking and biking:
- Employees who walk or bike to work regularly (at least half of their shifts) will receive a $20 gift card to Kutzky Market/Forager at the end of each month.
- Customers who walk or bike to Forager will receive a complimentary mini-tulip glass (5.5oz) of their favorite Forager beer each time they visit (after walking of biking to Forager).
- Customers who walk or bike to Kutzky Market will receive a complimentary refillable coffee.
- Customers and employees are encouraged to fill their water bottles with Reverse Osmosis filtered water for free near the building entrance.
- We will work with local bike groups and encourage them to start or end their rides at Forager.
- Forager will begin selling bike-oriented swag in the coffee shop.
- Sponsorship of public art on the bike trail – Art4Trails.
- We will direct charitable giving to bicycle oriented nonprofits.
- Kids who ride their bikes to Forager will receive a complimentary Forager water bottle.
- Customers who walk or ride their bikes to Forager ten times will receive a free glass growler. Only members and those who have the Forager growlers will be able to purchase beer by the growler.
- We will host the Forager Bicyclist of the Year award – the winner will receive one free beer per week for a year.
Kutzky Market and Forager Brewery are located at 1005 6th Street NW in Rochester. We make high quality hand crafted beer and food, using locally-sourced ingredients.
This post was paid for by Kutzky Market/Forager Brewery.
(Cover photo: Kutzky Market/Forager Brewery)